Had a repair done for code P1456? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What was the dealer's solution(s)?
Our favorite..."Performed EVAP function test-OK. No problems found at this time." 1 20.00%
They said your gas cap was loose or defective 2 40.00%
Replaced ORVR valve and fuel tank assembly 0 0%
Replaced FTP sensor 0 0%
Replaced two way valve 0 0%
Replaced broken or cut EVAP hose 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Had a repair done for code P1456?

Here's the scenario...

Your check engine light came on.

You brought it to the dealer and they scanned it and got back a code P1456. Which is a EVAP leak in the tank system.

What did they do to make the light go away?

Kinda technical here, but maybe those of you who look at your repair orders in detail can help me out here. Please answer the poll if you've had to deal with this problem. But only pick the answer that actually fixed the problem! Not just their first or second "guess" at fixing it only to have the light come back on with the same code a month later.

And if it's something I missed, feel free to post it up.
SuperTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 04:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Jesus...only one real solid repair here? The first two choices are really accomplish nothing. The only time I've had that code a the result of what was most definitely the gas cap...it was because the owner left the gas cap at the gas station!
SuperTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2005, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've had this problem intermittently. First time I called I got the "gas cap" lecture. Took it in and it tested OK. Next daym problem back!

After driving for several months with the light coming on and going off, I was finally able to get back into the shop for my 30K service. As soon as I said "check engine light" he started in on the gas cap lecture again. (I'd also gotten it a couple of times over the phone)!

I cut him off at this point an threatened to reloacte the gas cap into a very dark place of his. I was able to give him very specific details about when the light comes on and when it goes out. Outside tempaturem length of trip, etc.

They checked and found a kink in the hose and replaced it.

Everything was fine for about 2 weeks but now I a check engine light again and this time it's not going out!

Go figure.
harmonr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just had this issue. They replaced a "vent solenoid" and will run tests when the engine is cold tomorrow.
kraze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Forgot to reply to this. My problem turns out to be a leak in the fuel filler neck. This is where you pump gas into the gas tank. The neck has a ring over it with a rubber gasket between the neck and the ring. The ring is held on by dog-ears. One of the dog ears was bent. When he tried to bend it back into place, the metal began to break (very thin dog-ears).

To fix this, I need to purchase a fuel filler neck assembly... about $450 from the dealer for the parts alone. I've yet to replace it.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Was there any resolution? Is there any performance effect to having this leak in the fuel filler neck? I've had this intermittent problem in my '01 MDX for years. I reset the light and it comes back. I've replaced the gas cap, but it still keeps coming back and so I just keep resetting it. It runs as good as ever, even with the CEL light on.
RC98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nope. To date, I have not invested money into the fuel filler neck assembly. My mechanic said this issue will not damage the engine but I didn't ask him what is the impact of having this problem? I suspect it is an evaporation problem and it affects both gas milage and retention of stored gas, but that's just a guess.

After I first experienced the problem, if I reset CEL, it wouldn't be long before the problem reappeared. However, I have not seen this problem for about a year. I still do not hear the pressure releasing when I remove my gas cap, so I'm sure the problem is still there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: