Navigation system pin - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Navigation system pin

I recently purchased a 2002 MDX w/ NAV. The person I bought it from does not remember their PIN and i need it to reset the NAV system with my personal info. Can anyone guide me on how to get around this issue? Thanks for the help.
jrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

The dealer that the car was purchased from usually has a record.

Also, check any recent repair invoices (if availalble) - some dealers print the radio and nav codes on them.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Sorry I don't have any PIN reset info, but I remember the radio and nav codes are different from the personal nav PIN.

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
H. Simpson
evoge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you have the regular codes I would try just disconnecting the battery and letting it set for a while. It should clear everything out!

Wayne
Old 08-27-2004, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's in a non-volatile memory and removing power will not reset it. That's what the PIN is for in the first place, so if the stereo was removed (stolen) it wouldn't operate without knowing the PIN to reset it. Youll have to contact Acura to get the PIN.

seapuppy
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

i think there's some misunderstanding here. i believe he/she is asking about resetting the personal PIN in the NAV system which is different than the security PIN that is issued by the factory.

i believe (and i may be wrong) that there was an option in the NAV menu to reset the PIN (and hence erase all the personal addresses, etc. in the NAV system).

i'll check tonight to see where it is.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

One way to get your navi code is to remove the navi control unit under the passenger front seat and copy down the serial number.
Drop by or phone your local Acura Dealer and ask them to obtain you code through the Interactive Network.

Also if your navi has voice recognition it can display the serial number
on screen when in diagnostic mode. Refer to your service manual.

You can also change or remove an existing navi personal pin. The procedures are different depending if you have navi with or without voice recognition. Bring it back to the dealer and ask them if they can help you with the correct procedure. If they are not familiar with it, ask them to refer to Service News July 2003.

Good Luck!
master_tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by nhatman
i think there's some misunderstanding here. i believe he/she is asking about resetting the personal PIN in the NAV system which is different than the security PIN that is issued by the factory.

i believe (and i may be wrong) that there was an option in the NAV menu to reset the PIN (and hence erase all the personal addresses, etc. in the NAV system).

i'll check tonight to see where it is.
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. I am trying to load my personal address in the NAV system but I can't do it unless I have the PIN from the previous owner. She does not seem to remember her PIN. I went to the local dealer and he told me that it would cost me $80 to get the serial number off the NAV system to reset the PIN. I am hoping for an easier alternative. I feel like they are just grabbing my wallet. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks again.
jrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Sometimes, the former owner has never entered a PIN. In that case, from the ENTER PIN screen, select DONE without entering any numbers, and see if you can get in that way. If that doesn't do it, you can usually use the anti-theft code number as your PIN to access both User 1 and User 2 even if the previous owner has set a PIN. Using the anti-theft code number and the menu selections you can navigate to CHANGE PIN and select a new User 1 PIN, entering your personal PIN twice to make sure you know it. I found that after entering my new User 1 PIN, that the anti-theft code number (also 4 digits) would still access the User 1 area along with the new PIN. I located my anti-theft code on a card in the glove box in the owner's manual packet. Mine is a system 2 (w/ gold DVD), in a 2001 MDX.
HEDGEHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: