Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

memory problems

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wanderlust 
#1 ·
I've recently had memory trouble with my steering wheel on my 2014 MDX. It's supposed to move out all the way and down. It is only moving down so I manually have to move it out toward me every time I get in the car. It was in the shop for a week for some other problems I have had yet this wasn't fixed. the memory light does not come on for when vehicle is started. I can press the button which will move the steering wheel and then it stay lit. I will call again but has anyone else had this problem? Is it the actuators in the mirror?

#3 ·
someone said it had something to do with the actuators in the mirrors. i haven't noticed or checked the mirrors. it was having the problem before i took it in. it never got fixed. ive tried setting it and it won't stay but if i press setting 1 on the door then it will move into position.

#4 ·
What were we talking about? :confused:

( Sorry, old guy humor... )

Agree about double checking memory settings. Also, there is probably a module that retains the settings, separate from the infotainment system and other electronics. It may have died or lost a connection. If the actuator motors run with manual button press, I think that rules out those. When you get the steering wheel to move closer, that's with the motor, right, not yanking it out?

This might be the memory/actuator control module.

CONTROL UNIT, SMART POWER for 2016 Acura MDX|38320-TZ5-A42

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.