I have searched and searched without any luck.
1. When installing a hitch do you have to purchase or modify the rear garnish?
2. Which Hitch allows you to keep your spare mounted in it original location?
3. The video on utube shows a 2010 MDX is there anything different about the install on a 2011?
4. which hitch is recommended to use if I will be hauling a small trailer and a small fishing boat?
1) Rear garnish does not have to be purchased to install hitch. I don't think you can have the garnish AND thae Acura hitch. However, some aftermarket hitches can be installed w/ the garnish already installed.
2) I believe all allow you to keep the spare. Some even allow the use of a full size spare.
3) 2010 & 2011 will be the same
4) Can't help you there. I went w/ the Curt hitch as I'll only be occasionally towing a trailer myself, picking up furniture, appliances, etc. basically I'm trying to avoid getting a pickup so will be renting trailers as needed. I have my eye on a Haulmark 5x8 enclosed v-nose trailer I may eventually buy.
'12 ML350 BlueTec Black/black, P2, lane tracking, trailer hitch, wood/leather wheel, Zaino, Amsoil 5w-40
'11 Honda Accord EX Basque Red Pearl, Zaino, Amsoil 0w-20, 4cyl, 5spd manual
'08 Toyota Rav4 Black w/ ash int, 4wd, Zaino, Amsoil 0w-20
Retired: '10 MDX Tech, '08 Honda Accord LX, '06 Nissan Xterra S 4wd 6spd manual, '00 Nissan Xterra X 5spd manual, '98 BMW 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia