Happy Chinese New Year to all my Chinese friends!
This C63 came to me after the owner had seen some of my write ups and inquired on what level of paint correction I thought his car might need. After a few conversations via text message we determined we would go with a 1 stage polish. And that we would do it on Jan. 20, 2013.
The day of the car came with a huge sheet of snow on the hood lol and here are the first pics.
Starting with the wheels as usual
Getting in the wheels wells
Next up was washing with the 2 bucket method
Cleaning inside the gas
While the car was still wet I clayed the paint
Paint was actually in pretty good shape.
Dried the car
Then took some paint measurements
Rubber trim was masked to prevent against burning the trim
And here are the before and afters. All in all I don't think the paint was in terrible condition and I think the 1 stage improved the paint to make it an 8 out of 10. It's never perfect as some scratches are too deep to take out. The combo I decided to go with was FG400 and a B&S Yellow Pad. Here are the results.
Here is a 50/50 shot. The left side is unpolished and the right side is polished.
Shot of me polishing.