Agree with the above poster, i learned a lot too from this post. I was running all round various boards, youtube videos and blogs, finally the people who have been real hands on with the X have contributed to my knowledge base.
Some pointers i realized and plan to work with in the future, I will need your advice in this if i am wrong.
1. Never to use shampoo that comes with a wax.
2. Shampoo + conditioner is the best combination, I picked up a Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner, and it did a pretty good job.
3. Mine is a brand new car, hardly 20 days old, i guess you dont need to wax your call either with Zaino or any other wax/spray for the first year.
4. After an year its always best to wax two times a year 1. before the summer kicks in, and 2. right before the winter starts tormenting with snow, this will prepare the car for the harshest season.
5. After an year, get the Zaino kit.
6. Get a mild Pressure Washer with a wide shower nozzle, brands like Karcher with lower PSI's, around 500 PSI to 1000 PSI does a fine job with a wider nozzle shower.
7. For shampooing the car Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP Kit is awesome.
I took my X for the manual car wash for the first time yesterday.. and it was not as hard as i thought it would be in the first place. It took me around 40 mins to clean the entire thing. But inside it felt good, knowing that i cleaned the car the proper way, the way it should be, and there she was as shiny as i saw her the first time in the show room.
Now a few questions from my side.
1. Whats the right order to use Zaino for a new MDX? I mean, there are multiple products in the market, I've read few ppl use all of the products at the same time during each detailing session, however i think for a new car, all that is not required.. so.. can you please guide.
2. Whats the best product for your leather seats?
3. What do you use for cleaning tires and the chrome rim?
4. Whats good for cleaning the interior leather (other than the seats) *I brought the Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant*, havent used it yet, not sure if it will make the leather too much shiny and off.