Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
H

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    2,871 Posts
    Hi, Bill... Sorry for the late response. I didn't see your message until just now.

I really don't remember those particulars about doing the valve job on my own MDX - it's been a couple years (at least) at this point. There is the cable holder that bolts on near the "front" (left, facing the engine standing in front of the car) of the engine, near the corner of the valve cover. I suspect that's not in play though, since that cable holder would be floating loose if you hadn't attached it. There are a BUNCH of bolts taken out in a job like this one though. Hope you do figure it out.

Cheers,
    Mark (ex MDX owner)

· Registered
    10 Posts
    How good is your memory? I had acually two bolts left over. On the rear valve cover, there are two holes that match the front cover holes where the metal wire holding strip is bolted on. On the back cover, the same two holes are tapped and are unused I think. Do you know right off if those holes go through the cover and did the holes have short screws stopping them up. I may have taken them out and forgot I did. I guess I can take a wire and figure out if the holes are blind or they go through. If they are open, then oil should fly out of them. I'll probably leave the plastic cover off until I can figure this out.
    My email address is 'billmcd1665@gmail.com' if you can enlighten me on this subject.
    Bill

· Registered
    10 Posts
    How good is your memory? I had acually two bolts left over. On the rear valve cover, there are two holes that match the front cover holes where the metal wire holding strip is bolted on. On the back cover, the same two holes are tapped and are unused I think. Do you know right off if those holes go through the cover and did the holes have short screws stopping them up. I may have taken them out and forgot I did. I guess I can take a wire and figure out if the holes are blind or they go through. If they are open, then oil should fly out of them. I'll probably leave the plastic cover off until I can figure this out.
    My email address is 'billmcd1665@gmail.com' if you can enlighten me on this subject.
    Bill
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…